Careers at the College
Director of Corporate Services
Who we are:
The College of Physiotherapists of Ontario is the body that regulates the physiotherapy profession and protects patients’ rights to safe, competent and ethical care by supporting physiotherapists to maintain standards of practice and by holding them accountable for their conduct and practice.
We are looking for a results-driven and detail-oriented person to fill our Director of Corporate Services role at our downtown Toronto office. The Director will support the College’s operations by overseeing all financial and office systems, providing human resource support and bringing to life the College’s philosophy of excellence in customer service.
The Director will also provide support to the Council’s Finance Committee and, under the direction of the CEO, prepare reports and presentations within his or her area of expertise.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Accomplishes corporate financial objectives by assisting senior staff
with budget preparation, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances
and, within area of responsibility, initiating corrective actions
- Liaises with external financial advisors to ensure investment decisions are appropriately brought to the attention of the CEO
- Ensures appropriate financial controls, including policies, are in place and relied upon
- Maintains function and financial records, including: Accounts payable and receivable, expense claims, bank statement reconciliations, profit-loss statements and balance sheets, manages payroll and receives requests for materials and equipment from senior staff, conducts needs and solutions analysis and obtains approval and works with auditors and external legal advisors to ensure accuracy and reliability of annual financial reports
Ensures appropriate liability insurance is maintained and oversees associated risk management
Prepares reports to Finance Committee, Executive Committee and Council
- Manages 3 direct reports including: ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, carrying out staff appraisals and managing performance and delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output
Provides human resources support to all teams in the areas of recruiting, screening, orienting and setting up physical space and IT for new employees, human resource policy, reporting on vacation and sick day use and performance management
Promotes staff development and training by identifying organization-wide training needs, and identifying and proposing solutions at the organization-wide or individual level
Reviews, updates and implements health and safety policies and other legislated workplace requirements
- Maintains staff productivity by developing and implementing policies and activities that support and grow job satisfaction
- Liaises with benefits provider to ensure employee benefits are appropriately maintained
- Ensures office efficiency by confirming availability of equipment and supplies, researching maintenance, replacement or improvement options and proposing solutions
Maintains the condition of the office and arranges for necessary repairs
Oversees catering and physical plant support for meetings
Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards and making the necessary adjustments. Policies include things such as, records retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal, filing systems and computer use
Ensures maintenance of appropriate policies and procedures for all IT equipment and use, including scheduled maintenance and replacement, disaster planning, regular incident reporting and an appropriate change management structure
The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in business or administration or an equivalent combination of education and job experience in business administration, office administration or a related field. An accounting designation and relevant experience in a not-for-profit or member organization is desirable.
The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communications skills, careful attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality, timely and accurate results. Experience and interest in issues relating to the financial and operational management of high performing organizations is valuable. In addition, the ability to work with cross-functional teams and be responsive to changing priorities is important.
Please forward by email a cover letter, CV and any other information you believe is relevant to the position to email@example.com by June 30, 2013.