Physiotherapy University Programs and Bridging Programs

Physiotherapists in Ontario complete a Masters degree at one of the five Ontario Universities, a Canadian university outside Ontario, or if the person is educated outside of Canada, their education is reviewed by the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators to ensure that it is substantially equivalent to the content of a Canadian physiotherapy program.

On This Page


Ontario Physiotherapy/Physical Therapy University Programs

The College of Physiotherapists is not an educational institution or school. The College is the regulatory body for physiotherapy in the province of Ontario.

There are five universities in Ontario which offer physiotherapy programs. These are all Master level programs. Contact the universities for more information.

McMaster University

Queen’s University

University of Ottawa

University of Toronto

Western University

Bridging Program

Physiotherapists educated outside of Canada may benefit from additional training to become licensed to practice in Canada. Bridging Programs at several Canadian universities offer customized classroom work, clinical placements and workshops aimed at helping candidates prepare for the Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE) and successfully transition into the Canadian workforce once licensed.

These programs are also open to Canadian-educated candidates looking to brush up on particular exam-writing and clinical skills.

Learn More about Bridging Programs